Quotation Management Software System [CASE STUDY]
As the largest provider of digital fiber optic network in the Carolinas, the client’s network spans over 3100 fiber route miles. The client functions as a carrier’s carrier and leases capacity to all prominent telecommunication carriers providing intrastate / interstate services. It provides broadband connectivity through long haul transport and metro services.
The Business Need
The scope of the project included designing and automating the client’s Quotation Management Software (QMS) System. The QMS aimed to improve client’s business efficiencies in creating and generating quotations, emailing quotations, maintaining billing and shipping information and providing enhanced QMS reporting features. The quotations generated from QMS would serve as an input to the Contract Management System (CMS).
The client managed the quotation by maintaining spreadsheets since there was no central repository of quotations which made searching a cumbersome job. The quotations sent out to prospects and customers were generated manually. There was a significant delay in generating new quotations and past quotations could not be automatically reused for faster processing. Client’s current process did not facilitate generating multiple quotations for a single customer.
Quotation management processes functioned independently from client’s another applications and quotes were not readily available to generate contracts. It was also difficult to track the success or failure ratio for the quotations.
The Solution: Quotation Management Software System
Rishabh studied the client’s quotation management system and identified ways to automate the manual processes.
The project team studied the spreadsheets in detail to identify the data contained in the quotations, types of quotations and different quote statuses. They identified how quotations were being generated, what the required inputs were and how these quotations were passed on to the prospects. They also determined ways to integrate QMS with other applications to improve information processing and exchange. The team also ensured that sensitive information contained within the quotes was kept extremely secure.
Rishabh Software identified the best feasible business architecture to automate client’s quotation management processes and ensure the application supported continuous enhancements.
The solutions provided by Rishabh comprised of:
- An interactive and user friendly web interface to support quotation generation and management
- Seamless integration with other applications for faster information sharing and processing
- Search facility to search existing quotes based on opportunities, prospect / services or any other information provided into the quote
- Capabilities to handle billing and shipping information within the application
- Generation of multiple quotes for a customer from a single interface
- Central repository of quotes
- Ability to automatically include generated quotes as email attachments
- Exporting quotes to various supported formats
- Tracking quote ratios and flexibility to raise revised quotes
- Reporting feature capable of generating advanced reports such as projecting business based on quotations and tracking success / failure ratio of quotes with reasons
- Web based automated quote management process helped the client leverage maximum performance
- Quicker conversion of existing open quotes into contracts
- Advanced reporting features allow client to forecast business projection and determine the success ratio for quotations
.NET framework 2.0 (ASP.NET, C#), Visual Studio 2005, IIS 5.0, SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 server, Crystal Reports, SQL reporting services, AJAX, VSS