Enterprise Tech News: Azure DocumentDB SDK For Xamarin Is Out, Android Wear 2.0 Developer Preview 5, Amazon Enhances AWS Marketplace
27 Jan. 2017 Enterprise Tech News
This week’s tech news roundup features: Microsoft announces Azure DocumentDB SDK for Xamarin, Google releases Android Wear 2.0 Developer Preview 5, and AWS Marketplace offers desktop apps for Amazon WorkSpaces.
Microsoft Brings DocumentDB Support To Xamarin
Microsoft has announced DocumentDB support for Xamarin mobile platform to provide easier access to DocumentDB. Users can interact with DocumentDB directly from their mobile applications without a middle-tier.
DocumentDB is a fully managed NoSQL database built by Microsoft for fast, predictable performance, elastic scaling, high availability, ease of development, and global distribution. The new Azure DocumentDB SDK includes:
- Rich queries over schemaless data – DocumentDB stores the data as schemaless JSON documents in heterogeneous collections and provides rich and fast queries without having to worry about schema or indexes.
- Limitless Scale – The DocumentDB collections will grow as your application grows. You can begin with smaller data size and 100s requests per second and increase to large, 10s and 100s of million requests per second throughput, and petabytes of data.
- Built-in rich authorization – DocumentDB will allow you to easily implement popular patterns like per user data or multi-user shared data without the need of custom complex authorization code.
Rishabh Software is a Microsoft Gold Partner developing intuitive multi-platform mobile apps using Xamarin.
Google Rolls Out Final Developer Preview Of Android Wear 2.0
Google released the final developer preview of Android Wear 2.0 with iOS support. Applications compiled with Android Wear 2.0 developer preview 5 will be ready for final submission to Google Play Store.
The fifth developer preview brings general performance enhancements and bug fixes including:
- Navigation Drawer – Flip a flag to toggle to the single-page, icon-only action drawer, that provides faster, and more streamlined navigation to different views in the app.
- NFC HCE support – It now offers support for NFC Host Card Emulation FEATURE_NFC_HOST_CARD_EMULATION
- Library – This support library and apps compiled using API level 25 will be considered ready for Google Play deployment.
Build feature-rich applications optimized for Android Wear 2.0 through our custom Android app development services.
AWS Announces AWS Marketplace For Desktop Applications
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has announced an enhancement to its AWS Marketplace. The enhancement enables buying subscriptions for desktop apps that users can access via Amazon WorkSpaces virtual desktop service.
“AWS Marketplace for Desktop Apps enables customers to discover and subscribe to Microsoft Windows-based applications using the familiar AWS Marketplace website, without having to first log in to the Amazon WorkSpaces console,” AWS wrote in a blog post. AWS Marketplace’s new section is live and includes apps such as Microsoft Project Professional 2013 and WinZip. Open source apps like Notepad++ and Atom are also included.
Integrate cloud-based solutions for your enterprise through our cloud development expertise.
Rishabh Software provides custom application development and maintenance services to SMEs and large enterprises across various industry verticals. Join our mailing list to get the latest technological updates right in your inbox.