Enterprise Tech News: Deep Learning Containers Beta, Magento 2 Security Enhancements, Google’s Fuchsia OS Website Launch
04 Jul. 2019 Enterprise Tech News
This tech news roundup covers the Deep Learning Container beta launch by Google, Magento 2 security updates, and release of Google Fuchsia OS website.
Google Introduced Deep Learning Containers In Beta
Google recently launched a beta version of its Deep Learning Containers. It is a new cloud service that will help the development teams to build, test, and deploy machine learning applications. Further, it will also enable them to examine ML apps on-premises and then transfer them to cloud quickly.
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) service comprises of various Docker containers and tools. They will enable optimized execution of deep learning algorithms.
Google’s Deep Learning Containers Beta comes with:
- All required dependencies to get applications up and to run quickly.
- Integration capability with various Google Cloud services. It includes BigQuery, Cloud DataProc, and Cloud Dataflow.
- Support for the ML frameworks like TensorFlow 2.0, 1.13, scikit-learn, PyTorch, and R.
- Preconfigured Jupyter Notebooks tools to share code, visualization, text, and equations.
- Google Kubernetes Engine Clusters to manage multiple container deployments.
The Deep Learning Containers launched by Google is a service targeted for app development. It also supports Nvidia’s CUDA, cuDNN, and NCCL machine learning libraries.
Rishabh Software is a pioneer in providing great Saas (Software-as-a-Service) applications. Our team’s expertise in cloud development helps businesses to bring value to their customers and get the highest ROI.
Magento 2 Gets Security Enhancements & Updates
Magento released more than 130 security updates and quality enhancements to Magento Commerce and Open Source 2.3.2, 2.2.9, and 2.1.18. These updates will assist in addressing RCE (Remote Code Execution), XSS (Cross-Site Scripting), and other vulnerabilities.
These enhancements will improvise the page-load times by 20% along with 90% perfection in category browsing.
Moreover, Magento enhanced the cloud platform and “Page Builder” content tool. It will now offer below benefits:
- Merchants can get dynamic & flexible server monitoring via Magento Commerce Pro.
- Several actions will now run in the background, and admins don’t need to wait for the current task to complete. That will help improve their productivity.
- Cloud developers get reliable & faster deployments due to improved Docker environment.
- It is possible to use BlueFoot extension upgrade with Page Builder tool without fearing of content loss.
However, the Magento 2.1.18 release is the final support version for Magento 2.1. As of June 30, 2019, its support window is not operational. It means that they will not receive any more security updates or quality fixes.
Rishabh Software provides full-fledged Magento development solutions to help strengthen the eCommerce presence for businesses. We deliver high-quality, scalable, and performance-driven Magento eCommerce development services that adhere to international standards.
Google Fuchsia OS: What’s New In This Zircon-based OS Developer Portal
At I/O 2019, Google acknowledged its open-source project – Fuchsia OS. And, now, the official developer website for this ‘capability-based’ operating system is out. Fuchsia OS offers a vast amount of documentation to help developers create Fuchsia apps faster than expected.
Google Fuchsia is a modular, Zircon-based (a completely new ‘microkernel’) open-source operating system. It is unlikely to the other Google OS, Android, and Chrome which are based on the Linux kernel. The comprehensive documentation contains the getting-started guide, developing instructions, code samples, OS overview, glossary, and more.
Developers can run Fuchsia OS in QEMU. However, to test drive it on hardware, there are a few options to make a choice:
- Acer Switch Alpha 12 laptop with Intel Core-i3/i5/i7 processor
- Khadas VIM2 board (Amlogic S912 octa-core Arm Cortex-A53)
- Official NXP iMX8M EVK with quad-core Cortex-A53 processor
- HiKey 960 SBC powered by HiSilicon Kirin960 octa-core Arm Cortex-A53/A73 processor
- Jetway Toulouse 4-/6-port network appliance with Intel Skylake Celeron processor
- Various Intel NUC’s
One of the key benefits of the Fuchsia OS is its scalability. Zircon can scale from embedded Real-Time OS to any mobile or desktop application. Though Google denied that Fuchsia would replace Android OS in the future, it will likely to support Android apps.
Rishabh Software is a specialist in building custom Android apps. Our Android experts develop robust, user-centric mobile applications with best-in-class designs and features.
Click here to become our valuable connection and get the latest technology updates in your inbox (Spamming is not our culture).