Enterprise Tech News: Vue.js CLI 4 Released, iOS 13.3 And iPadOS 13.3 Arrived, WebAssembly 1.0 Recommended By W3C
19 Dec. 2019 Enterprise Tech News
This tech news roundup covers the releases of iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3, Vue.js CLI v4, as well as the W3C recommendation of WebAssembly 1.0 open standard.
iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 Arrived With New Enhancements
Apple has announced the release of iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 versions. The new update includes enhanced parental controls, bug fixes, and security features.
What’s new in iOS and iPadOS 13.3?
- Use new parental controls to set the limits on communication for kids. It covers restrictions on messages, FaceTime, iCloud contacts, and calls.
- Disable the Animoji and Memoji stickers on the emoji keyboard.
- Like or dislike stories with a single tap in Apple news.
Other bug fixes and improvements for users include download new messages in Mail, share voice memo recordings using different audio apps, send clear screenshots through messaging apps, and more.
- Get support for USB, NFC, as well as FIDO2-compliant security keys in the Safari browser using the WebAuthn standard.
- Use the top-level domains, including .dev and .app now from the preload list of Foundation URLSession and NSURLConnection HTTP Strict Transport Security.
- Use URLSession to build an app that navigates to the https:// URL always instead of http://.
Rishabh Software builds engaging, result-driven applications as part of the iOS development focus. We help customers across industries to provide excellent mobile experiences for iPhone and iPad users through our tailor-made iOS solutions.
Vue.js Team Releases CLI Version 4
The Vue JS team released CLI version 4.0 recently. This latest update comes with an automation method, additional package managers, and many other exciting functionalities.
Notable features of Vue.js CLI 4:
- New pwa.manifestOptions field: You can now generate manifest.jason during the build process rather than copying from a project’s public folder. As a result, you can efficiently manage Vue PWA configurations.
- Better handling of async operations: You can get the support for asynchronous functions in generators. For that, you need to apply generators from plugins.
- Stable Vue dist folder layout: In CLI 4, when you run build and production commands, you get the consistent directory structure across the modes.
- Automation: You can now automate the migration process by running migrators from plugins.
- Package manager: It is now possible to use additional package managers and specify a custom node package manager.
Apart from this, Vue CLI Version 4 offers many other vital upgrades and improvements. It includes an extra confirmation step for uncommitted changes, improved whitespace handling, plugin invocation listening inside another plugin, the inclusion of Mocha 6, workbox-webpack-plugin, and more.
Rishabh Software, as a reliable app development partner, has multidisciplinary expertise in providing robust front-end solutions. We build high-performance, user-centric applications using Vue.js and other advanced front-end technologies.
WebAssembly 1.0 – The Fourth Language To Run Natively In Browsers
WebAssembly is a low-level, portable, and secure code format. It is language-independent, platform-independent, and hardware-independent. Therefore, you can create high-performing applications that provide desktop-quality experiences on the web without affecting the performance.
W3C published three specifications as part of the recommendation:
- WebAssembly Core Specification: It defines a low-level machine that imitates the functionality of microprocessors.
- WebAssembly Web API: It specifies a Promise-based interface to request and execute a .wasm resource.
You can embed WebAssembly programs in browsers, run them as a stand-alone VM, or even integrate them into other environments. A few applications that are using WebAssembly include Google Earth Port Beta, Doom 3 game, and Game Editor desktop application.
Rishabh Software provides custom web application development services to businesses across domains. We build robust, scalable, and secure web apps as per your business requirements.
Click here to subscribe and get the latest technology news and updates in your inbox directly.