Enterprise Tech News: .NET Core 3.0 Launched, Apple Releases iOS 13.1.2, iPadOS 13.1.2, & WatchOS 6.0.1, Microsoft Acquires Semmle
03 Oct. 2019 Enterprise Tech News
This tech news roundup covers the releases of Microsoft .NET Core 3.0, Apple iOS 13.1.2, iPadOS 13.1.2, and watchOS 6.0.1 as well as the acquisition of Semmle by Microsoft.
Microsoft Releases .NET Core 3.0 Framework
Microsoft recently released the .NET Core 3.0 open-source framework. With this latest version, Microsoft added new programming patterns and performance improvements for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Key highlights of .NET Core 3.0 Release:
- It brings support for Windows Desktop apps built with Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Developers can now run .NET core application from its executable file without installing .NET separately.
- C# 8.0 is a part of this release that comes with nullable reference types, asynchronous streams, range expressions, and more recursive patterns.
- It enables developers to build a full-stack web application with C# in Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code.
- The added new JSON APIs helps to provide faster performance and create less load on the Garbage Collector.
Besides, .NET Core 3.0 supports Linux ARM64 for IoT development, Blazor server apps that handle client-side UI interactions, and updates for Docker to improve .NET applications’ behavior in containers.
Rishabh Software has prowess in creating custom .NET solutions. Our Microsoft certified .NET developers build feature-rich, scalable applications according to organization needs.
Apple Releases iOS 13.1.2, iPadOS 13.1.2, WatchOS 6.0.1
Apple has been rolling out 13.1.2 versions of iOS and iPadOS as well as 6.0.1 version of watchOS. These updates comprise bug fixes and improvements and are available to download on compatible devices.
What is new in iOS 13.1.2 and iPadOS 13.1.2?
- Has a fix on the issue where iCloud Backup progress bar could continue to show after a successful backup.
- Fixes bugs where the Camera app may not work, and the flashlight may not activate.
- It can address the issue where Bluetooth may cut off on certain vehicles.
- Solves the problem with the HomePod from where shortcuts could not run.
- Fixes a bug where a risk of display calibration data could occur.
Besides, the watchOS 6.0.1 update has the fix for the issue that could affect calendar complications as well as solves the problem related to Disney’s Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face when they don’t speak the time.
Rishabh Software builds result-driven iPhone applications that meet next-gen customer demands. Through our custom iOS app development services, we help organizations across industries to provide feature-packed, high-performance mobile experiences.
Microsoft Buys Code-Analysis Tool Semmle
Microsoft has acquired a San Francisco based code analysis platform provider – Semmle. Microsoft plans to integrate Semmle into its GitHub workflow.
The idea behind the foundation of Semmle was to make querying source code work like any other type of data. Companies, like NASA, Google, Uber, and Microsoft have been using Semmle products to identify security vulnerabilities in large codebases quickly.
Before the acquisition, Semmle offered a free version of its technology, which helped many open-source programmers to enhance security in their apps. The Semmle products provide a query language that enables product security teams to reduce much manual work for security testing of developed code.
After this purchase, GitHub announced that it has now become a Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) Numbering Authority. That means developers can easily report vulnerabilities from the repositories. GitHub then will add the issues to the National Vulnerability Database. As a result, the process of disclosing vulnerabilities will become faster, and developers who use that particular code will get alerts sooner.
Rishabh Software, as a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, has proficiency in delivering scalable, robust, and leading-edge solutions. We build feature-rich, fully functional, and user-friendly applications for mobile, desktop, and web platforms.
Click here to subscribe and become a valuable connection. We will send the latest technology news and updates in your inbox.