Enterprise Tech News: Salesforce’s New Acquisition, Announcements Of Apache NetBeans 11.1 And Apple iOS 13 Beta 5
08 Aug. 2019 Enterprise Tech News
This tech news roundup covers the acquisition of Tableau by Salesforce and releases of Apache NetBeans 11.1 and Apple iOS 13 Beta 5.
Salesforce Buys Tableau Software To Deliver AI-Driven Solutions
The CRM software giant Salesforce recently wrapped up the acquisition of Tableau- a Seattle-headquartered business intelligence tool. The company spent a whopping amount of $15.7 billion on this deal.
Though, Salesforce had announced its plan to buy Tableau in early June this year. Also, this deal marks Salesforce’s most significant acquisition to date. Both the companies did confirm in a press statement that this acquisition would enhance their ability to support organizations with their digital transformation initiative. They even cited a figure from the International Data Corporation that in 2022, organizations will invest $1.8 Trillion on digital transformation services.
Rishabh Software provides a wide range of business intelligence solutions for various industries. Our specialists support your digital transformation journey with the right and actionable intelligence.
Apache NetBeans 11.1 Released With Java EE 8 Support
Apache recently released NetBeans 11.1 version. It is the first release of the new quarterly release cycle. It comes with Java EE 8 support and the capability to integrate with Payara and GlassFish Java servers.
Apache NetBeans 11.1 is the long-term support version. Below are some of the updates and features of this latest framework:
- Support for developers to build Java EE 8 applications and deploy them to a Java EE 8 container with Maven archetype.
- Added Gluon OpenJFX samples for JavaFX.
- Syntax coloring for Kotlin .kt files.
- Debugger support for Gradle Web Projects & improvements in Gradle HTML UI.
- Integration with JEP-330 to allow Java launcher to run a program provided as a single Java source code file.
- New shortcut to create ‘public static void main.’
- Addition of Java-level registration for Text Mate grammars.
- Support for inline parameters name hints for Java.
Developers of desktop and mobile applications can leverage the NetBeans IDE to create and debug apps before deploying them to the app stores.
Rishabh Software has a pool of certified and proficient Java developers for the latest Java application frameworks, tools, and CMS platforms. We deliver exceptional Java application development and programming services to Startups, Small to Medium and Large enterprises.
Apple Released iOS 13 Beta 5 With New Features And Additions
Apple released the fifth beta of iOS 13 to developers. This update brings new bug fixes and several notable iOS 13 and iPadOS features and changes.
What is new in iOS 13 beta 5?
iPad Home Screen
You can set the home screen app grid to change the icon size to smaller or bigger. The ‘Bigger’ setting revels about 20 larger app icons, while the ‘More’ setting shows up to 30 smaller app icons.
Home App Backgrounds
The new set of built-in background versions have six new atmospheric color splashes replacing 3-color gradients.
The share sheet now has clean looks with various typography icons. It contains additional sections for your ‘Favorite’ shortcuts, currently opened apps, and ‘Other Actions.’
Other features and improvements
- You can share images directly from emails.
- It is possible to create Color from a UIColor or NSColor.
- ObservableObject protocol replaces BindableObject for the combined framework.
- You can now receive invitations to App and Book assignments.
- You can use the new included APIs for modifying the built-in core image filters.
Update your compatible devices to iOS 13 beta 5 using your developer account. However, you must also update to Xcode 11 beta 5 for developing apps. It is available from the beta software downloads website.
Rishabh Software has prowess in customized iOS mobile application development. We build next-generation iPhone and iPad applications for various industries across the globe.
Get the latest technology news and updates in your inbox. Subscribe now and become a valuable connection.