04 Mar. 2011 Enterprise Tech News
SugarCRM is an California based company started in 2004 dealing in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
SugarCRM develops CRM software in three editions:
- Sugar Community Edition
- Sugar Professional
- Sugar Enterprise
History of SugarCRM
SugarCRM started as a commercial open-source project on Sourceforge in April 2004. Sugar expanded rapidly and by September 2004, potential customers had downloaded 25,000 copies of Sugar Open Source. In October of the same year, the company was named “Project of the Month” on Sourceforge. The popularity of the project allowed the company to raise $46 million through venture capitalists. SugarCRM has been downloaded over 7,000,000 times.
SugarCRM is a widely-used strategy for managing a company’s interactions with customers, clients and sales prospects. It involves using technology to prepare, automate, and contemporize business processes—principally sales activities, but also those for marketing, customer service, and technical support. The overall goals are to come up with win new clients, nurture and retain those the company already has, entice former clients back into the fold, and reduce the costs of marketing and client service. Customer relationship management describes a business strategy of compay including customer-interface departments as well as other departments.
The three phases in which SugarCRM support the relationship between a business and its customers are to:
- Acquire: SugarCRM can help a business acquire new customers through contact management, selling, and fulfillment.
- Enhance: web-based CRM combined with customer service tools offers customers service from a team of sales and service specialists, which offers customers the convenience of one-stop shopping.
- Retain: CRM software and databases enable a business to detect and reward its loyal customers and further develop its targeted marketing and relationship marketing initiatives
- Sales force Automation: It predicts the sales process, minimizing the time that sales representatives need to spend on each phase.
- Marketing Automation: Create, execute and track campaigns across multiple channels with the campaign wizard. Develop obligating email marketing programs and capture leads directly into your CRM system with web-to-lead forms. Manage and assign leads, track the marketing ROI of your programs.
- Customer Support: Acquiring new clients is much more expensive than selling to existing ones. With Sugar customer support, companies have the confidence that customer cases will be handled rapidly and efficaciously. Sugar customer support centralizes customer service requests across channels to allow companies to manage inbound emails, diagnose bugs, contribute knowledge, and resolve customer issues.
- Reporting: SugarCRM’s Reporting module turns data into actionable information. Company Managers can monitor business performance across the entire business with reporting tools on Marketing Analytics, Sales Trends, Case Reports, and Customer Profiles.
- Collaboration: Underlying marketing, sales and support activities, SugarCRM Collaboration provides capabilities to manage email within Sugar while integrating with Microsoft Outlook, schedule and track activities, manage projects, and work in offline or mobile settings.
- Platform: SugarCRM Platform capabilities allow administrators and developers to create powerful business processes quickly and easily. Administrators can define teams, control access rights to modules, change the home page layout or modify and existing screen with the layout editor, and create new dashlets from third-party data sources. Powerful workflow tools give user the ability to create and apply business rules.
Sorry. No data so far.