Enterprise Tech News: Microsoft Unveils Visual Studio 2017, Google Android Studio 2.3, MongoDB Releases Free Tier For Its MongoDB Atlas DaaS
10 Mar. 2017 Enterprise Tech News
This week’s tech news roundup features: Microsoft releases Visual Studio 2017, Google unveils Android Studio 2.3, and MongoDB introduces a new free tier and migration utility.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Is Now Generally Available
Microsoft has released Visual Studio 2017 for public download. It is claimed to be the most productive version and is aimed to help any developer develop any application on any platform. Some of the highlights in the new Visual Studio 2017 include:
- Visual Studio for Mac Preview 4: It includes updated.NET Core project support, NuGet and mobile tooling enhancements, several bug fixes, and performance optimization.
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2017 Update 1: It brings new process template managing experience, additional repository permission management, NPM support in package management, test impact analysis, pull request improvements, a personalized home page, and branch policy improvements.
- Visual Studio Mobile Center Preview Updates: It offers support for mobile applications built with Xamarin and React Native as well as improved analytics.
Rishabh Software is a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner building customized and feature-rich solutions using Microsoft technologies for enterprises across the globe. Check out a custom built Supply Chain Management & Logistics solution for a global client using Microsoft Visual Studio.
Google Releases Android Studio 2.3 With App Link Support, WebP Support & More
Google has released Android Studio 2.3, a new version of its IDE (Integrated Development Environment). It introduces some quality enhancements with a number of new features. The new version of Android Studio for Linux, Windows, and Mac can be downloaded here.
In the meantime, check out what’s new in Android Studio 2.3:
- Instant Run enhancements: The Run action will now always cause an app restart to reflect changes in your code that might require a restart, the new Apply Changes action will attempt to swap the code while your application keeps running, the underlying implementation is more reliable, and the startup lag for Instant Run enabled apps has been eliminated.
- Layout Editor Palette: The updated widget palette enables you to search, sort, and filter to locate widgets for your layouts, and provides a preview of the widget prior to dragging on to the design surface.
- WebP Support: You can now generate WebP images from PNG assets in your project to save space (up to 25 percent) in the APK. A new wizard converts PNG to lossless WebP and also enables you to inspect lossy WebP encoding. You can right-click on any non-launcher PNG file to convert into WebP or right-click on any WebP file in your project and convert back to PNG.
The release includes several other features and improvements including many stability and performance fixes.
Are you looking to design, develop, deploy, or test an Android application for your enterprise? Let our Android experts guide you through the process.
MongoDB Launches A Free Tier For Its Atlas DaaS Offering & MongoMirror
MongoDB recently launched a new free tier for its MongoDB Atlas DaaS (Database-as-a-Service) offering. It also unveiled a utility for migration of data to MongoDB Atlas, whether the data resides in the cloud or on-premises. The MongoDB Atlas DaaS now provides a free cluster with storage of 512 MB and distributed nodes that ensure high availability.
MongoMirror, a new utility to support live data migration to MongoDB Atlas, is designed to enable users who already run MongoDB to seamlessly pull data from existing deployments and push it into MongoDB Atlas. MongoDB claims that it can work with any existing MongoDB replica set using MongoDB 3 or higher versions.
Leverage the power of MEAN Stack technologies to build robust and scalable enterprise solutions.
Rishabh Software is a leading offshore web, mobile and software development company providing enterprise-grade solutions fully tailored to client needs. Join our mailing list to stay updated with the latest technological updates.