Web Store Migration From OpenCart To Magento [Case Study]
29 Oct. 2019 Case Studies
Ecommerce is an ever-evolving phenomenon. And, for companies to stay on top amid the fierce competition, a robust and next-gen web store is the ultimate solution. It will help attract potential buyers and retain existing customers while keeping user data secure. A Magento-based platform allows retailers to create an efficient web store & provide an exceptional buying experience.
Learn how Rishabh Software assisted a US-based tobacco manufacturer with an OpenCart to Magento migration for their existing eCommerce store. Also, read how we helped them to improve customer experience and ultimately boost sales.
Our customer wanted to upgrade their existing digital eCommerce store. They serve 50,000+ sales agents across the US region. As part of the engagement, they were seeking a reliable technology partner who can not just fix issues and add new user-oriented features to their current web store.
Besides porting OpenCart Data to Magento, they wanted to integrate the eCommerce store with:
- A BI-powered analytics tool to identify potential trends within the business and market
- An existing ERP system to streamline business operations
- Eliminate the risk of losing customer data
- Deal with redundant order history
- Migrate the server without affecting system performance
- Reduce product delivery time and improve user experience
Our team developed a custom framework to migrate OpenCart to Magento eCommerce. Magento’s secure solution for this digital store upgrade ensured the extraction of BI reports and meeting other project requirements.
First, we created a backup of the existing OpenCart application. Our objective during the OpenCart data to Magento was to avoid any unforeseen circumstances. Our PHP and Magento developers created custom scripts and utilized the pre-built plugins to save the migration time and cost.
Further, we carried out multiple integrations to the web store, including:
- Activation of ERP system integration to synchronize customer data and web orders from the eCommerce platform to ERP. Besides, we even updated the Magento order status and order state based on workflow status or order status in the ERP.
- Business Intelligence tool integration to gain better insights into sales trends and customer buying behavior. It was along with implementing 75+ KPI dashboards for products, buyers, sales, and inventory analysis.
- Quicker checkout process with the reduced abandon of shopping carts
- A secure eCommerce platform to ensure the safety of customer data
- Enhanced loading speed for product and order pages
- Maximum conversion rates with integrated marketing
- Seamless user experience across devices
To conclude, Rishabh Software, as an experienced Magento website development service provider, successfully migrated the existing OpenCart based digital store to Magento. With enhanced UI and user-oriented features for the eCommerce store, our customer today delivers next-gen digital shopping experience while witnessing a skyrocketing growth in their business.
US-based tobacco manufacturer with 50,000+ sales agents
Technology and Tools
- Magento eCommerce Platform
- Bootstrap CSS Framework
- RJMetrics BI Platform
- Acctivate ERP System
- JIRA Software