SaaS based Order & Inventory Management Platform for Retail [CASE STUDY]
30 Mar. 2015 Case Studies
A US based retail manufacturer wanted to improve their retail and manufacturing operations by upgrading their existing legacy platform. By adopting the cloud for their new Order & Inventory Management platform, the organization planned to deliver designed apparel in least possible time to their global customers.
The client’s aim was to facilitate business/production operations by combining the benefits of cloud with their legacy platform. This was developed using ASP & various other Microsoft technologies. In addition, the purpose was also to streamline business work-flows and enhance the user experience for customers. A parallel need was to re-invent the platform while improving collaboration among various enterprise teams. Communication gaps needed to be reduced between business functions like manufacturing, vendor management, supply chain management, customer relationship management and inventory management to enhance efficiency and improve productivity.
- Low performance due to limited access to global user base
- High infrastructure maintenance cost
- Absence of scalability for scaling up / down dynamically
- Lack of collaboration & co-ordination between business users
On understanding the client’s business challenges and requirements, Rishabh Software recommended the creation of a new website portal using Microsoft Azure Cloud platform to manage rich media content. Key features of the solution included: rich-media website with collaborative community functionalities, order cycle inventory work-flows, email alerts and secure user access utilizing basic account management. This proved to be a robust and scalable Software As-a Service (SaaS) platform.
Order & Inventory Management for Retail Using Windows Azure Cloud
- Higher productivity through elimination of manual operations
- Improved B2B relations
- Achievement of high operational efficiency
- Removal of process-related bottlenecks with automated work-flows
- Centralized manufacturing and inventory management
Technology and Tools
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Microsoft SQL Azure
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.5, MVC 4.0
- SendGrid Email Service
Rishabh Software is proficient in cloud app development and integration services that can help your retail organization meet the business challenges of today.