Medical Staff Scheduling Software for Mobile [CASE STUDY]
01 Jul. 2015 Case Studies
A medical employee scheduling software was built for a healthcare client operating across 1000+ hospitals in US. This healthcare staff scheduling software was built to streamline employee management. The solution was developed by modernizing the existing legacy staff scheduling application and building a mobile app using PhoneGap cross platform technology and AngularJS.
The client’s aim was to improve the operational efficiency for its healthcare organization by developing a hospital staff scheduling solution. This would help the organization in forecasting the tasks allocated to their employees right from field staff like nurses, doctors, and back-office users to top executives. In addition, the solution also needed to combine best business practices with advanced decision-making algorithms to optimize the entire healthcare service operation.
- Real-time scheduling of work and employees
- BYOD – Support for a wide range of devices
- Data security to protect critical enterprise information
- Application modernization to deliver the medical employee scheduling solution across a wide array of devices
Resource planning is an important aspect for measuring the success of an organization. The solution was designed to manage the increase in demand of doctors and nurses while reducing the costs incurred in scheduling work. Our mobile development team chose PhoneGap as the cross platform mobile development technology to create a healthcare scheduling software for mobile which is compatible with BYOD strategy. Any planned changes or real-time status updates from the workforce were automatically notified with the rescheduling algorithm. The solution helped to deliver a seamless user experience, minimized staffing costs and reduced complexity around staff scheduling.
Employee Scheduling Smartphone Solution for Healthcare Providers
- Optimized offline scheduling process in healthcare
- Increased on-time responses and job completions
- Improved productivity and decreased crew hours & overheads
- Reduced operating costs while improving service quality
Technology and Tools
- Web Services