Hiring Management System – A Custom SharePoint Solution [CASE STUDY]
An automated Hiring Management System based on SharePoint is an efficient, user friendly and time saving solution for organizations particularly as the traditional corporate hiring functions are complex, time consuming, and costly.
The client is a financial services company based in Massachusetts, USA offering end-to-end investments and portfolio management solutions. It focuses on providing investment solutions through various financial instruments and has a reputation of serving clients across US, Europe and Asia Pacific since past 14 years.
The Business Need for Hiring Management System
The clients organization’s corporate hiring management system covered full life cycle recruitment activities but the company followed a traditional hiring process which was both time consuming and costly for employers as well as job seekers. Since the functions involved were complex and processed manually, it was imperative for them to keep up with advancements in technology and automate their hiring management system.
Through their traditional methods of hiring, they encountered following problems:
- Multiple sourcing channels due to shortage of talent
- Increased volume of applications due to economic downturn
- Incoming applications in various formats such as mail, fax, email and different job boards’ formats.
- Cumbersome filing and retrieval due to incompatible source of information
- Time-consuming manual screening and reviewing of resumes
- Lack of precision in data which wasted time on interviewing unqualified candidates
- No centralized database for information storage and retrieval
- No data mining tool to locate candidates from previous hiring
- Lack of collaboration among colleagues within the hiring team
- Difficulty in keeping track of hiring costs and activities
Rishabh’s Solution: Hiring Management System based on Microsoft SharePoint Development
Rishabh provided an integrated solution using custom SharePoint development in the form of Hiring Management System to improve efficiency, reduce and eliminate manual processing of recruitment department and reduce the hiring cycle with seamless flow of information. The Hiring Management System was built around MOSS (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server) 2007 and 2010. This allowed the organization to track their job requisitions efficiently and manage the hiring process from start to finish.
The solution offered the following features:
- Requirement management, interview processing, approvals, appointment letter, referral and reference and reports to measure performance
- Fully featured and customized career center where the candidates could interact with the organization, browse vacancies, apply, and set up job alerts
- Content management system which allowed the HR department to carry out updations independently
- CVs maintained in adobe pdf files, Microsoft word files, RTF files, and simple text files in a centralized database of CVs
- Full vacancy management including rich graphical editing and multi-posting
- Project management for an organized recruitment experience using SharePoint’s collaborative tools
- An in-depth view on recruitment department’s performance due to generation of comprehensive reports such as reports displaying the breakdown of the database for specific fields, the list of published vacancies or open projects, the source of CV etc.
- An applicant tracking system, an integrated collaboration platform, where recruiters could select a workflow to use for a vacancy or project knowing they will be guided through the steps of the recruiting process
- Automatic matching of candidates profile within system based on job, easier for recruiter to shortlist candidates
- Multiple interviewing scheduling system
- Email notifications on each event
- Security enabled import and export of data
WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, .Net 3.5, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008
- Seamless end-to-end hiring process workflow
- Enhanced management collaboration and communication
- Centralized Recruitment Document Repository
- No manual processing hence increase in employees’ productivity
- Reduced hiring cycle time
Learn more about how Rishabh Software can help you develop a hiring management system that can help you manage and streamline your hiring process using Microsoft Sharepoint development.