Alfresco & Java based ECM Portal for Insurance Industry [CASE STUDY]
16 Mar. 2017 Case Studies
Collaboration is key to success when it comes to insurance industry since it involves several stake holders. We developed an Alfresco based enterprise content management portal using Java technologies for a Netherlands based service provider of car insurance, health insurance and international insurance, serving more than 7 million people around the world. The solution simplified collaboration services for insurers, intermediaries and underwriters, banks, leasing companies, travel organizations and home-help agencies.
The client wanted to redesign its existing insurance website into portal and provide comprehensive information about insurance services and assistance to insured travellers, lease drivers, account holders and seniors. The existing website contained static content and was heavily under-performing with numerous bottlenecks. The Alfresco based enterprise content management solution streamlined the content publishing methodology and standardized the content framework, helping to simplify the insurance communication process among its 8 million customers.
- Lack of information about insurance to customers
- High infrastructure costs for maintaining existing website
- Lack of collaboration between document development and document delivery
- No centralized content repository for managing various legal and insurance document
On understanding the client’s business challenges and requirements and consulting with our team of expert Java developers, Rishabh Software recommended to build a new website portal using Alfresco EE as the Content Management Platform for managing various rich media content. Key features of the solution include: feature-rich website (insurance portal) with a collaborative community features, Web 2.0 features – blogs, forums, syndication, email alerts, rating, bookmarks and share with various social sites and integration with Google Analytics for measuring portal performance.
Java & Alfresco based Enterprise Content Management Solution
- Higher productivity by eliminating manual operation
- Eliminated bottlenecks through automated workflow
- Centralized document repository managing various rich media content
- Improved customer relations and achieved higher operational efficiency
- A Netherlands based service provider of car insurance, health insurance and international insurance, helping more than 7 million people around the world. The client provides cover on behalf of insurers, intermediaries and underwriters, banks, leasing companies, travel organizations and home-help agencies.
Technology and Tools
- Alfresco EE
- Apache Tomcat
- Google Analytics