Global Supply Chain Management & Logistics Process Automation [CASE STUDY]
Manufacturing and transportation industry have high logistic expenses, hampering the profitability of business. The client wanted to automate the existing manual supply chain process and improve efficiency. We developed the Supply Chain Management Software by revamping the legacy application using Microsoft technologies.
The client wanted to develop an automated solution to manage its supply chain and logistics management processes. The solution will be used to plan dispatches and calculate cost of delivery. It would also work in synchronization with the various legacy support systems. The solution also helps to track the dispatch orders in real time.
- Implement synchronization between the application and legacy systems
- Automate and segregate data spanned across various courier dispatch companies
- Delivering easy and intuitive interface for management to facilitate decision making
- Track shipped couriers in real time
Rishabh Software’s team designed a customized application for automating supply chain and logistics process. BizTalk server was used to manage the invoices from the legacy system and the application database for better planning of dispatch.
The application enables the enterprise user to select the courier company and the application also automatically calculates the cost of dispatch considering various government rules and regulations. It also stores the invoice number and updates the client in order to facilitate the user to track the courier in real time. The solution also provides intuitive reports for better analysis.
- Huge time savings by the logistic department in the dispatch process
- Increased efficiency in delivery of goods and inventory management in warehouse
- Real time status of orders available to customers
- Achieved complete automation of the logistic process along with the tracking of the consignment
A US based leading supplier of eye health products, such as contact lenses and lens care products through its global business divisions in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Technology and Tools
- Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET