5 Major Benefits of Android App Development For Your Business
12 Dec. 2017 Mobile App
Android is an open source mobile operating platform. Enterprises today are leveraging this platform for its simplified mobile app development process. It helps solve customer challenges and increase value for their business. Further, it helps boost their revenues and meet phenomenal business growth.hare.
As per reports, Android commands a leading market share of 72% over other OS platforms. Its massive user base is a reason for its choice over other smartphone OS platforms. Our article will share pointers on advantages of Android App Development for any enterprise.
So, regardless of the size of a business, a mobile app development company can help you with a mobile strategy for profitable growth. Listed are some of the benefits for companies while choosing an Android platform for creating business apps.
Android App Development Benefits:
- Open Source: The Android platform is open source which means the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) can be leveraged without having to worry about the licensing costs or royalty. Developers can interact with the Android developer community for the forthcoming versions which they can incorporate into their app development projects. These benefits make Android a lucrative prospect for enterprises, device manufacturers and wireless operators alike, resulting in rapid development of the applications.
- Customizable User Interface: A user interface can either make or break your app. Android-based applications are highly customizable and easier to manage. Google is highly focused on making its user interface customizable to help developers create custom Android apps for business. Being an open source platform, it allows developers to turn their creative ideas into reality and build innovative and interactive apps. It offers a wide array of customization options. Even the data management functions and multimedia tools can be easily updated to the app.
- Low Investment & High ROI: Android has a relatively low barrier to entry. Its Software Development Kit (SDK) is available for free to developers which significantly reduces the development costs. However, the app development costs can be bifurcated into three major parts: development, testing, and deployment. Developers are required to pay a one-time registration fee for application distribution. Thereafter, they can leverage any computer device to build and test the product on their smartphones, ensuring low investment and increased engagement among users. Ultimately, users get an interactive app and the enterprise gains a higher return on investment.
- Multiple Sales Channels: Unlike other mobile platforms, Android applications can be deployed in different ways. You do not have to rely on a single market to distribute your applications. Besides using Google Play Store and other third-party app marketplaces, you can create your own distribution and sales channels. You build it, you publish it. With your choice of promotional strategy, you can reach your end users through multiple channels.
- Easy to Adopt: Android apps are scripted in Java programming language that leverages a rich set of libraries. Any developer familiar with Java can build Android applications easily. As per a developer survey, many Java experts find it easier to write apps for Android as compared to programmers with command over other programming languages.
In addition, Google has also made Kotlin an official language (or a Java alternative) for Android development. Kotlin is easy to learn and can be used alongside Java to power Android applications. In fact, leading technology firms like Pivotal, Atlassian, and giants like Pinterest, Uber, and Evernote have already begun using Kotlin for their Android solutions.
Are you looking to leverage Android development advantages for your business, but not sure where to start? Let us help you strategize and build the required Android mobile application solution for your business.