Transforming A Traditional Enterprise To A Digital Enterprise
19 Aug. 2015 Software Development
A traditional enterprise usually functions in silos, resulting in minimum collaboration and less transparency. This often leads to loss in revenue and disgruntled customers. Globally, small, medium and large organizations need to break the status quo and capture the market by investing in emerging technologies which would enable them to collaborate and communicate better. Digitization has to become an integral part of organizations today.
Traditional to Digital Enterprise Transformation
What is a Digital Enterprise?
A Digital enterprise is an organization that leverages information/digital technology to get a competitive advantage over its internal and external operations. It can also mean an organization that uses a bundle of of technologies that helps them engage directly with customers.
Transformation of a traditional enterprise to a digital enterprise is dependent on their information technology or digital capabilities. Information technology is no more a commodity, as many CEOs foresee technology as an enabler, adding value to their mainstream business growth. However, many organizations are still unclear about shaping their digital strategy, and are mandatorily including one to stay competitive in the long term.
Digital transformation is observed across many industries today. For instance, IT departments in a retail businesses have taken a digital initiative to go online via e-commerce. This helps in reaching a large customer base and improves business visibility as well as profitability.
Four Ways To Transform a Traditional Enterprise To a Digital Enterprise
- Organizations need to understand where the value of going digital lies. Is it in sales? Is it in marketing? Is it in automating operations or a combination of all of these?
- You need to prioritize. There are always many things needed to build a digital portfolio, and focusing on the ones that count is important.
- You need to take an end-to-end view, ensuring that customers get a omni-channel experience from end to end while ensuring all functions work well together.
- Finally, you need to look at your business portfolio and understand how this transformation may have an impact on your business valuations. You should also identify and focus on building optimum digital capabilities to re-balance your portfolio.
The most challenging event for an organization ‘going digital’ is to operate together. Many organizations are still siloed around different business functions across geographies. But customers expect a consistent experience which requires companies to think differently about the way they organize themselves, their governance structures, and their standards for data and systems.
Are you looking for a partner to enable you to transition from a traditional business into a digital enterprise?
Rishabh Software has expertise in technology infrastructure development for small and medium sized enterprises. We can ensure a hurdle-free digital transformation journey.
Here are a few digital enterprise solution developed for our clients:
- SaaS based Order & Inventory Management Platform for Retail Industry
- Web based Fleet Management Solution Built for Transport Industry