PhoneGap or Titanium? A Quick Guide for Enterprises
27 Aug. 2014 Mobile App
Business startups as well as enterprises aim to effectively build high performing, low cost and time efficient mobile apps. Today, cross-platform development plays a big role in delivering consistent and good user experience across multiple mobile platforms like Android, iOS, Windows and other platforms.
To enable cross-platform app development, there are essentially two strategies:
- Use Adobe PhoneGap/Cordova to create mobile apps by using an embedded browser control and write a web app wrapped as a native app
- Use Appcelerator’s Titanium as a cross-platform tool to create native apps
Both are open-source frameworks that help enterprise mobile app developers easily create apps on multiple platforms, as developing a single native application for each platform is an expensive affair. Both the platforms play an important role for rapid multi-platform application development. However, there are some key differences when comparing both the frameworks that needs to be considered before choosing the right cross-platform development tool. Let’s look at the table below for a quick comparison.
PhoneGap vs Titanium
Before choosing the platform – PhoneGap or Titanium, we recommend our clients to thoroughly analyze their mobile strategy and understand the products needs first. Rishabh Software then helps the client develop the cross-platform mobile app using the best mobile development platform or framework. We ensure that the best practices for mobile app development are carried out to deliver quality mobile apps, helping our customers achieve their business goals.
Rishabh Software – An Ideal Mobile App Development Partner
- 50+ team of certified mobile app developers
- 5+ years of experience in multiple development frameworks like PhoneGap & Titanium
- 50+ apps deployed for various App stores
- Quick turnaround time with agile development
We help you achieve your enterprise goals by building hybrid apps or multi-platform apps that work across all major mobile platforms.