10 eCommerce UX Best Practices
25 Dec. 2017 e-Commerce Development
The best time to venture into the online retail market is now. But the most significant challenge for eCommerce businesses is the right eCommerce software to use and also how to convert visitors into customers.
Hence, the ease of operating a great online storefront can be significantly ensured or hindered by the software that you choose to set up and maintain your website. One of the best ways is to ensure that people visiting your site are able to quickly and easily find what they are looking for.
Therefore, it’s essential to keep up with the latest eCommerce UX best practices to deliver better user experience to potential users.
UX Best Practices For eCommerce:
- Don’t Make Visitors Wait To View Your Site: There is nothing that makes a user bounce faster than slow-loading pages. Slower page load speed results to lower conversion rates. Shoppers just won’t wait around. Look at cleaning up and trimming down your code and consider a responsive design that looks its best on whichever device people shop on.
- Leverage On Your Area Of Strength: The home page of any website plays a significant role. It presents the best opportunity to entice your visitors since it gets the most traffic. You should make it evident that you sell items the visitor is looking for and should make an immediate and positive impression.
- Be Updated On How People Read/Scan Information: Ensure that you put the essential parts of each web page across the top and down the left-hand side. This is because visitors scan web pages in an ‘F’ pattern as discovered by resent eCommerce UX trends. So draw their attention with an appealing header/headline.
- Use Quality Product Images: A picture is worth a thousand words especially in eCommerce where visitor attention and limited screen space span demand that you showcase your product as quickly and efficiently as possible. When it comes to eCommerce design trends 2017, research shows that people tend to obtain information from large product images that can’t be seen in the product description.
- Ensure Your Text Is Bold And Readable: Text helps you sell more and it must be easily readable. Make sure the text is large enough to be easily read across all device types. To achieve this, your line spacing should be large enough at least 1.2, so there is some white space between lines.
- Control Color Usage: Colors help to add emphasis to any page. However, using too many colors will dilute the results you’re trying to obtain. Limit your color variations to about three for your eCommerce UX design. Best practices are to use your brand colors along with their varying shades and to remain consistent throughout your website.
- Your Primary Navigation Must Be Simplified: The navigation of your eCommerce website remains the most critical UX best practices of 2017, especially when you have a wide range of products spanning multiple categories and variations. The quicker your visitors find what they are looking for, the faster they are likely to proceed towards the checkout process.
- Provide A Hassle-Free Checkout Process: When it comes to eCommerce design trends 2017, the highest drop-off point is at checkout. In some cases, it’s due to consumer indecisiveness. This can be attributed to the complexity and confusion of the checkout process. Ensure your checkout process is simple by minimizing the number of required steps to make a purchase.
- Add Suggested Products: Our perceived desirability of an item tends to increase when we know what others want because we are quickly influenced by peer behavior. Make sure you keep product suggestions obtrusive.
- Virtual Assistance Is Crucial: Consider live chat or chatbots with predictive technology to anticipate shoppers’ needs and provide them with guidance during the moments that matter the most.
Keeping up with the latest UX trends and implementing the above-mentioned eCommerce UX best practices has become the need of an hour. Not only does these UX best practices help you build an appealing and intuitive eCommerce website but also stay ahead of the potential competitors. Rishabh Software has helped several clients across the globe build rich user interfaces and ensure that they comply with the latest eCommerce UX best practices.