Key Business Intelligence & Analytics Insights from Gartner’s 2015 BI Magic Quadrant
10 Aug. 2015 Big Data
The market for Business Intelligence (BI) is undergoing a transformation according to a recent Gartner study. A number of organizations are opting for new age data-mining and analysis tools such as Tableau and Qlik. The choice is being made even when the platforms may not be a fit for the tasks at hand.
BI Magic Quadrant
For instance, Enterprise-centered platforms such as Qlik and Tableau offer a narrower range of capabilities but are often used for a broader variety of BI and Analytics platforms. This is mainly due to the ease of use and deployment provided by them. Conversely, companies use traditional platforms such as Business Objects or Cognos for narrower tasks even when these platforms are designed to handle more complex BI activities.
Key BI & Analytics Insights from Gartner:
- The BI platforms market grew by 9% in 2013 and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% come 2018. So, BI platforms are among the fastest growing enterprise softwares.
- Involvement in cloud BI decreased to 42% in 2014 compared to 45% in 2013. In addition, the report also mentions that the survey respondents are either planning to (28%) or have already implemented (14%) BI in a public, private or hybrid cloud form. In spite of the fall in businesses planning to or actually using cloud BI platforms, Gartner believes that this category will continue to attract followers as adoption grows over time.
- Organizations such as Microsoft, Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Oracle, IBM, SAP and SAS are in the leaders’ area. Visionaries Quadrant includes Alteryx, Tibco Software and Panorama Software. While Birst, Logi Analytics are in the Challengers quadrant.
- Niche participants are Board International, DataWatch, GoodData. OpenText, Salient Management Company, Targit, Pentaho, Prognoz, Pyramid Analytics and Yellowfin.
- It is also predicted that by 2017, a majority of business analysts and users will be able to access self-service tools meant for data analysis.
- By the end of 2016, less than 10% of self-service BI initiatives will be monitored enough to prevent inconsistencies that may adversely affect enterprises.
- Gartner also found that a large number of business customers wait to check if their enterprise-grade BI platform will provide the enterprise-user level capabilities that are required rather than just features such as production reporting.
As the market for BI undergoes the changes outlined above, it is necessary for enterprises to keep themselves abreast of any new developments in this area. Collaborating with an organization that understands your data analytics needs is very important too.
Rishabh Software aims to provide your organization an end to end solution that will help you stay ahead of competition and use Enterprise Data to make informed business decisions. Check out the practical benefits a business can realize by using Big Data Analytics.