- You first need to set up a test page with PayUMoney to initiate the integration. A test merchant account along with test credit card credentials will be given to experience the overall transaction flow. You first need to make a transaction request on PayUMoney’s test server. Once this is done, you can move to PayUMoney’s production server.
- The next step is to generate a ‘Post Request’ to initiate the transaction. These must-have mandatory and optional parameters. The ‘Post Request’ needs to hit the PayUMoney URLs mentioned below:
- For PayU Test Server:
POST URL: https://test.payu.in/_payment
- For PayU Production (LIVE) Server:
POST URL: https://secure.payu.in/_payment
- One of the mandatory parameters in the merchant-initiated ‘Post Request’ is termed as hash. You need to calculate the hash correctly, which in most cases is critical.
- Once the transaction ‘Post Request’ hits the PayUMoney server, it creates a new transaction entry in the database. And to identify each new transaction in the database, a unique identifier is generated every time at PayUMoney’s end. The identifier that is created is called as the PayUMoney ID or MihPayID.
- The customer will now be redirected to PayUMoney’s payment page with the ‘Post Request’. The customer can select a particular payment option and click on ‘Pay Now’ button. PayUMoney then redirects the customer to the desired bank. Now they need to go through the authentication process on bank’s login page after which the bank gives the success or failure response to PayUMoney.
- On the basis of the response from the bank, PayUMoney marks the transaction status and provides the final transaction response string to the merchant via ‘Post Response’.
- Along with ‘Post Response,’ you will also receive the hash parameters. As mentioned in step 3, calculating the hash is critical. So you need to verify the hash value correctly at your end and then accept or reject the invoice order. This will help you avoid any tampering by the user and ensure a secure transaction experience.
Integrating a renowned payment gateway like PayUMoney can keep your business functions streamlined. Apart from PayUMoney, you can also integrate PayPal in iOS and Android app for delivering secure payments.