eCommerce Future Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
As the number of online shoppers continue to increase each year, so do the sales. As per eMarketer estimates, retail digital commerce will approximate $2.290 trillion in 2017, accounting for one tenth of the total retail sales globally for the first time.
But the online playing field is not an even one; competition is tough and the playground is laden with many stumbling blocks and challenges. Businesses need to understand the landscape well and also the psyche of the digital shopper.
eCommerce Technology and Trends For 2018
They need to be on-trend to deliver on the great expectations and shopping experiences that consumers today have grown accustomed to. To do this, they need to see the big picture and pay close attention to the top trends of eCommerce that influence traffic and conversion. Let’s take a look at some of these upcoming eCommerce trends that are set to change the game:
- Big Data And Predictive Analytics: There is great insight to be revealed in numbers and information. With the help of big data and machine learning, retailers can now unlock patterns and take data-driven decisions that boost their chances of success be it to launch products, identify best sellers, predict the requirements for the next season or cycle and anticipate other trends ahead of the time. Big data helps online sellers to optimize the outcome of customer and product profitability, strategies for customer acquisition, retention and satisfaction. Big data analytic tools help eCommerce companies to improve their operational efficiency and generate new streams of revenue – gaining a competitive edge over their peers.
- Voice Searches And Purchases: In the age of smart speakers and smartphones, users need blazing fast responses and the hands-free experience – basically the ability to search and act using a single word or gesture. Around 40 percent millennials use a voice assistant before online shopping and it is expected to grow to 50% by 2020. For most part voice searches have either local intent or seek answers to straightforward questions, and it should be easy to provide these answers.
- Omni Platform And Omni Device: Online shopping is now a multi-channel experience. As per Google, “About 85% of online shoppers start a purchase on one device and finish on another.” To target this multi-channel user base, eCommerce needs to be seamlessly integrated across channels and devices so that users feel they are interacting with continuity. Therefore, your eCommerce strategy needs a consistent design, branding, navigation, sales system, payment gateways and advertising.
- Messenger Apps And Chatbots: 2018 is predicted to be a big year for chatbots. Bots operate via messenger apps and are likely to play a bigger role in 2018. Businesses can utilize the power of bots to send personalized content, recommend products, and offer special deals. With more than 1.2 billion people on Facebook messenger each month, the chatbot/messenger app technology is expected to have an explosive impact and engagement rates.
- Fulfillment Options: As competition gets tougher it is the overall customer experience and satisfaction that helps differentiate eCommerce brands from their rivals. Stores that will ship faster will always have an edge. Fulfillment companies are one of the key factors that can elevate the overall shipping/delivery experience. These companies help eCommerce stores to speed up their shipping and delivery to offer same day shipping.
In 2018, brands will need more innovation and creativity to cut through the clutter and be seen by their customers. It is going to be a promising year for eCommerce merchants and adopting some of these trends aided by technology will help you realize your targets. Rishabh Software provides a range of eCommerce services and solutions from eCommerce store development to mobile commerce apps and NFC payment integration.